Do you think you have what it takes to be the next “APALA Idol”? If yes, show off your performing skills and mingle with a crowd of hip and happening progressives at APALA-DC’s first ever Karaoke fundraiser!
Here’s how it works: The first seven teams to register will compete against each other for the big prize. Each team can have up to 5 people in it. The top three teams will move into the final round, and the final winner will be selected by the audience. That’s right – the audience will vote on the final winner by donating cash to their favorite team, so for those of you who want to win, make sure you get your friends and fans out to the event!
Don’t fret if you can’t find enough people to form a team – we will also have an open mic session at the end, so be ready to come and show off your talent!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This promises to be a super exciting event, and we look forward to seeing you there! Yummy snacks to be provided.
Rules of the Competition:
1. The first seven teams to register will get the chance to compete.
2. Each team can have a maximum of five members.
3. In order to enter your team, email your group name and names of your members to Yu-Lan Duggan by Thursday, December 8, 2011.
4. Each team must pay an entry fee of $100 upon registration (please send check to APALA-DC at 815 16th Street NW, WDC 20006). As an added incentive, each team will have a shot of winning the “Wild Card” slot by raising additional funds. Whichever team raises the most amount of money by 5pm on the day of the event will win a secured spot to the final round!
5. Teams must submit their pre-selected 3-5 minute song to APALA-DC by 5pm on Monday, December 12, 2011.
6. After each team performs, a panel of judges will score each performance based on originality, skill and overall impact.
7. After the first round, the two teams with the highest score from the judges will advance to the final “sing-off.” The “Wild Card” winner will be announced at this time, and the final three teams will compete to be the winner.
8. During the “sing-off” round, whichever team is able to raise the most amount of money from the audience will be crowned the new “APALA Idol.”